Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blessed to be a Blessing

On my way to American Samoa from Missouri, I met a man in LA at the airport. His name was Dennis and he was a limo driver for celebrities. Dennis was a very friendly man and he helped me with my bags and find my way around. After I got to where I needed to go, he insisted on staying with me so I wouldn't be lonely. I treated him to lunch and let him talk my ear off. As he was talking, I realized it was him who was lonely since he had no living family whatsoever. His life entailed of work and soap operas. He said he's too exuberant for most people which is why he doesn't really get to talk with many.

We all have at least one Dennis we encounter in our lives. People God places in our lives to showcase His love and grace to. Blessings aren't just to make us happy or for our personal gain. Blessings are gifts given to showcase God's grace. God can even use us as a blessing to others.

Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing. (2 Timothy 2:21 MSG)


If you really think about it, we're just walking dirt that God breathed into. God cares for us regardless and wants to use us to bless others. He blessed us with life so we can share it with everyone else.


If God gives you a Dennis, don't ignore the opportunity to be a blessing. God blesses you so you can bless others. You never know you might end up getting blessed yourself :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak life.