Thursday, March 8, 2012

Go Go Power Rangers

When I was younger, my brothers and I loved watching Power Rangers. We thoroughly enjoyed how they were able to transform into these really cool heroes even though they were just ordinary teenagers. Not to mention their awesome dinosaurs that morphed into this mega-robot. As little kids normally would do, my brothers and I all claimed that we were a certain character. Then we would enact the show and I would always secretly hope to transform whenever I would say "It's Morphing Time!"

I'm reading a book by John Ortberg called "The Life You've Always Wanted", which is what triggered my memory of my power ranger days. He talks about transformation in our lives and how we long for it which is why we make resolutions every year and put ourselves through therapy, motivational seminars, and anything that will inspire transformation emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually.

Transformation is not an overnight process and we can never stop transforming until we leave earth. Imagine if we had reached our our full potential and purpose in life, what more would you have to live for? We weren't created to be perfect. We were created for a purpose that God wants to fulfill in our lives in His time.

"Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you." (Romans 12:2 MSG)


God wants to be the one to transform us. Why shouldn't we trust God to? After all, He did create us and He truly does know us better than we'd like to think. As my beloved power rangers would say, "It's morphing time."




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Speak life.