Monday, March 12, 2012

Space Jam and Faith

One of my favorite movies of all time is Space Jam especially because the soundtrack is awesome. I remember when I was younger I used to think our world was connected to to Looney Toon world through golf holes because of this movie. Yes I was a very gullible kid (actually I still am). I also believed that I could be victorious as long as I did things the way I was created to do it. I watched it for the first time in years today and saw it in a different light. I saw the effects of faith. When Michael Jordan was making a deal with the Monstar's boss, he did not hesitate because of his faith in his team.


Bugs Bunny: "You shouldn't have done that Doc"
Michael Jordan: "I have faith in my team."

 

Because of Michael Jordan's faith in what the Toon Squad could do as a team, they were victorious. It's the same way when we have faith in God. When we believe in God and the power that He possesses to help us face situations, we are victorious against those situations when we put our faith in Him and His play book. In the movie, Bugs Bunny said Michael Jordan had special stuff that made him the amazing basketball player that he was when it was actually just water and because of that they believed in their ability to play the game according to the rules but the way they were created to play it by being their looney selves. In the same way, we need to believe and have faith in the "special stuff" that God gives us in His Word in order to receive the faith that God wants us to have in Him to play this game of life.

"for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God." (1 John 5:4, 5 NIV)


Believing in Jesus and what He did for us on the cross brings us the victory we are searching for in life. It's only when we have faith in God and let Him be the Michael Jordan in this basketball game of life we will be victorious because it's promised. So go ahead and "wave your hands in the air if you feel fine, we're gonna take it into overtime welcome to the space jam. It's your chance do your dance at the space jam."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak life.