Tuesday, March 20, 2012

These Are My Confessions

Boy did I love Usher while growing up. I remember when he released his album Confessions I memorized every word for every song (yes I was that obsessed with him.) I would even use his lyrics when I had no words to confess whatever it was I was feeling.
David used music to confess too except, unlike me, he confessed how he felt towards God. Because he confessed daily his love for God while alone, he was able to confront Goliath and confess before him and all of Israel the awesomeness of God and what He was going to do.
God wants to help us with the Goliaths in our lives, but if we don't memorize His Word like we memorize songs how do you expect to know what to confess? When a person comes to the realization that they need God it is because they heard His Word somehow, somewhere. Once we become saved we need to continue to seek God by discovering the truths of His Word. The Bible is like His lyrics except its the soundtrack of our lives that we need to confess daily.
"God's Word goes on and on forever. This is the Word that conceived the new life in you." (1 Peter 1:25 MSG)

Best part of confessing God's Word in your life is it remains the one constant when everything else seems to be very fluid. 1 John says when you confess that Jesus is the Son of God you will find yourself becoming more intimate with God because He resides in you. This is where we draw strength from. There is great power in the tongue, but even greater power in confessing the Word of God in your life. "These are my confessions."

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak life.